Ni no kuni: El mago de las tinieblas
As a member of the GradienWords fan-translation group, I worked in my free time as Localization Engineer to translate from Japanese to Spanish the game: “Ni no kuni: Shikkoku no Madoshi” for Nintendo DS. In this altruistic project we did reverse engineering in the game to translate all the text and images files as well as edit font files and assembly code.
- Create programs to convert text, image, audio and font files in easy formats to edit like XML, TXT, PO, PNG, WAV files.
- Work together with translators and graphic editors to make easier to edit files and tools.
- Edit video game source code in assembly format (ARM) to adapt occidental text in the screen. This includes changing: text and image positions, keyboard, font char spaces and increasing text limits.
- Create build automation programs
- Figure out file the binary format of text, script, image, font and audio files.
- Identify security algorithms (encryption, integrity and authentication) to modify DLC and save files.
- Original title: 二ノ国 漆黒の魔導士 (Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madoshi)
- Game release year: 2010
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- Region: Japan
- Genre: RPG